Friday, June 24, 2011

Shelves

Well me and sister found these old shelves in the Thorton building. They were about to be thrown away, so we took them. We wanted to make some fun looking pieces.

Our first step was to wipe down and clean the shelves.
Photobucket

We then picked our paint colors and paper to mod podge on to the inside of the cabinet.
Then we started painting.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Then we glued our paper on the back of the shelves then mod podged them to the shelves. I cut mine into different designs.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I then painted a checkered pattern on the front of mine and Allie painted her's blue and used a rubbing technique with gold over it.

Then Allie used sandpaper to give the shelves an aged look.

Photobucket

I drew a design using a paint pen and sharpie on the sides of my shelves. I first drew the image I wanted with a watercolor pencil. That way I could trace the pencil then use a wet wash cloth and wipe the pencil away leaving only the paint pen.

Photobucket

Lastly, I added a few orange and pink accents to my designs on the side. Allie wrote some bible verses and quotes she likes on the inside of the shelf.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment